Official Merchant Navy Commemoratives
The Merchant Navy is often referred to as the ‘Fourth Service’, but it has also become the forgotten service, with the huge contribution of the merchant fleet during war too often overlooked and undervalued. The thousands of merchant seafarers who made up the ‘Fourth Service’ during the war are our ‘unsung heroes’ – their heroism and the sacrifices largely unreported and uncelebrated. The London Mint Office is proud to change this. All of the following coins are endorsed by, and help fund donations to, The Merchant Navy Association. Collectables carrying the ‘Anchor’ mint mark are the official products from the Merchant Navy Association. The anchor is a symbol of strength and in heraldry is a symbol of hope.
Official limited edition gold coin from the Merchant Navy
- Official limited edition gold coin from the Merchant Navy - only 3,000 issued worldwide
- A stunning tribute to our WWII merchant seafarers minted in 99.9% gold!
- Features the Official Battle of Atlantic Merchant Navy Association Anchor privy mark
- Beautiful design issued in gratitude to our war sailors from the Battle of the Atlantic 1939-1945
- Minted in the highest possible quality - proof
The Battle of Atlantic Silver Coin Collection
- For all Seafarers - £20 for £20 - only one per household
- Official British Merchant Navy silver coins
- Struck in pure 99.9% genuine British WWII silver!
- Silver recovered from 4,700 meters below sea level!
- Free official Presentation Folder (worth £2.95)
- The silver coins complete the last stanza of the poem ‘For all seafarers’
The SS Gairsoppa 75th Anniversary Shipwreck Silver Bar
- Britain’s war-time silver bullion- recovered and reforged 75 years after it was lost
- The heaviest and deepest precious-metal cargo ever retrieved from a shipwreck
- Ten ounces of 99.9% pure WWII silver in each bar, recovered from a depth of 14,000 feet!
- Your chance to own your share of Britain's lost WWII silver
The ‘Attack from Above’ Battle of the Atlantic Coin
• Official British Merchant Navy silver coins
• Struck in pure 99.9% genuine British WWII silver!
• Silver recovered from 4,700 meters below sea level!
• Minted in the highest possible quality - proof
• Strictly limited mintage - only 20,000 silver coins worldwide
• The silver coins complete the last stanza of the poem ‘For all seafarers’
The Battle of The Atlantic Gold Quarter Sovereign
- Just 1,100 Battle of Atlantic Gold Quarter Sovereigns issued worldwide.
- Officially endorsed by the Merchant Navy Association
- Approved by Buckingham Palace
- One Year Only' type - each gold coin bears the unique Merchant Navy Mint Mark.
- Includes exclusive documents from Merchant Navy veteran Ron Quested.
The Battle of Atlantic Sovereign Set
The first ever Gold Sovereign Set issued in tribute to the British Merchant Navy.
Just 100 sets issued worldwide
This spectacular set comprises the complete sovereign family - a quarter, half, full and double sovereign, each struck to proof quality and in solid 22 carat gold.
'One Year Only' type - each coin bears the unique Merchant Navy Mint Mark.
The Battle of Atlantic Half Sovereign with Privy Mark
The first ever Gold Half Sovereign issued in tribute to the British Merchant Navy.
Officially endorsed by the Merchant Navy Association it is minted in honour and remembrance of all those who served in Britain’s Merchant Navy during the war years.
The Official Battle of Atlantic Gold Sovereign
The first ever Gold Sovereign issued in tribute to the British Merchant Navy
Struck in 22 carat gold - carries the Official British Merchant Navy Mint Mark
Limited edition - only 660 sovereigns issued worldwide
Minted in the highest possible quality - proof
Struck in honour and remembrance of all those who served in Britain’s Merchant Navy during from the Battle of the Atlantic 1939-1945